« Home | WATCH THIS SPACE »

Love's Deceit by Cee Lo Green

Pleasure turns to the pain
Lessons learned from the strain
Questions burned in my brain..
About whether love is humane in its touch.

These thoughts are like salmon swimming upstream
In the tears of your deceit.
Fighting the current hurt that kills more than is created by the chaos
of our intertwined emotions.

Chaotic because the anchor of Eros' arrow has been plucked
from the vessel of my undying infatuation
Separation not as simple as the distance between us
My mind no longer possessed by demons that have been the overseers of my enslavement to your lies

The seeds of these lies rooted so deeply
They have cracked the foundation of what we once shared
Allowing the faith in us I had sealed inside to gush out like a river
ripping the image of our future together from my thoughts
as violently and as brutally as if it were a child
being taken from its mothers arms

I'm left surrounded in darkness
but i refuse to be swallowed by it
my loneliness like the night air
invisible to the eye, obvious to the touch,it is cold uncomfortableness

Yet if i could do it all over again
I'd do it in the same skin I'm in
To lay down and let love die
just stay down and let love lie?
no, no..not I

I'd stay around and let love fly
Even though i have seen its darkest form-deceit
Nothing else could taste this warm or feel this sweet...

Labels: ,

Blog Info

    Contains reviews, articles, features and bits and pieces of inspiration that we find

    Primary Contributors: Spowf and illaine

    Email: infamousscribblers@gmail.com

Previous posts